2 Hr SEASCAPE – Pastel – With Ink Underpainting
On Registration closing, I will send you login details and Zoom details
Virtual Event – 2021 - Mon 15th March 9am London UK
Virtual Event – 2021- Mon 15th March 3pm London UK
BUY a GIFT Voucher for a Workshop or Paint Along Click HERE
This 2 hour-long Live Zoom Paint Along includes instruction and demonstration. It is all about a beach scene, in mixed media, It will give you a good incite in how I use pastels to create and underpainting and how to make clean, positive, meaningful marks to create energy and movement.
ALL my PAINT ALONGS are suitable for anyone joining in any medium. Your own interpretation of my instruction will be needed as I will be using different medium and materials. But the instruction regarding learning to paint remains the same in all mediums.
We will also cover Composition, Values, Colour Temperatures, Recession, Depth of Field and Movement.
Students will need, for each class:
- Students will need 1 sheet of WHITE Canson TOUCH Paper.
- Click here for source
- Water jar, rags,
- A watercolor brush, I recommend: Size HALF inch flat, nothing special
- Printouts of the attached reference material. (sent to registered students)
- Hairdryer to speed up drying time.A good source of materials from Jacksons Art London Click Here
Inks - You can use watercolour, although its the intensity of the Inks that work so well
I use Daley Rowney Aquafine Inks. Click here for UK delivery and Winsor and Newton Calligraphy Inks Click here for UK delivery, although you can source your own brands as long as they are lightfast and water based. Click here for Jacksons Own Brand of Inks, very good.
- Blue Black.. You can mix black and Blue together to get this or use the Winsor and Newton Blue Black
- Indian Red or similar
- Bright Blues
- Phthalo Blue
- Violet or Magenta
You can incorporate Watercolours with the Inks, so a lemon Yellow for instance, there is no need to purchase the Ink if you have a watercolour... The Main Blues for the water i prefer to be Inks for their intensity.
- A Hard pastel such as Conte sticks. A white and Black, Click Here for Source UK. I prefer the harder white as they dont fill the tooth of the paper.
- A light turqouise tint
- A medium turqouise
- A dark turqouise
- Dark Prussian Blue
- An Ultramarine
- A Phthalo Blue
- A Blue Grey
- Grey Greens
- Grey Browns
- Dark Brown
- Soft White
- Purple greys
I like to use some neutral colours for the rocks, so any blue greys, grey greens, grey browns, dark browns etc would be an advantage. Lots of turquoise and turqouise greens.