Virtual Event - 2020 - Monday, Nov 9th 3pm – 6.30pm UK London 15.00hrs – 18.30hrs
Virtual Event -2020 - Tuesday, Nov 10th 9.am – 12.30pm UK London 9.00hrs – 12.30hrs
Virtual Event -2020 - Thursday, Nov 12th 9.am – 12.30pm UK London 9.00hrs – 12.30hrs
This 3.5 hour-long Live Zoom class includes instruction, demonstration, and question + answer time. It will help you interpret photographs and help you to see what is needed to turn a photo into a painting. Looking at light and composition to develop into something amazing rather than ordinary.
Positive, clean pastel work, with minimalistic mark making. You learn about Mark making and how important this is. Developing a style, how to avoid flat surfaces.
We will also cover Composition, Values, Colour Temperatures, Recession, Depth of Field and Movement.
Students will need, for each class:
- Students will need 1 sheet of SAND Mi Teintes TOUCH. I will be working on a sheet 400mm/500mm square roughly Click here for Source
- Printouts of reference material. (sent to registered students)
- A Hard pastel such as Conte sticks. A white and Black. Or Black and white pastel pencil, it is just for some details. Click Here for source
Good source of Materials from Jacksons Art London Click here
Click here to download an image of the colours so you can visually match them near enough
- Soft warm Light Yellows
- A light Peach colour
- A light Ultramarine tint
- A light turqouise tint
- Dark Prussian Blue
- An Ultramarine
- A Phthalo Blue
- A light violet
- Burnt Sienna
- Some Deep Red/Orange
- Dark Brown
- Soft White
- Off White - towards yellow but very sublte
- If you have any yellow/greys
I like to use some neutral colours with these bright colours to cool things down a bit
so any grey browns, grey greens/ GREY BLUES, would be good.